Pure Hot Yoga Pose Benefits:
Strengthens the arms and spine. Preparation for more challenging arm balances.
Pure Hot Yoga Step by Step:
1) From downward facing dog, bring your hips forward until your shoulders are over your wrists and your whole body is in one straight line from the crown of your head to you heels. This is very similar to the position you would take if you were about to do a push-up.
2) Spread your fingers and press the firmly down into your palms.
3) Microbend your elbows.
4) Press back through the heels.
5) Move your shoulders away from your ears.
6) Keep the neck in line with the spine and look at the floor.
Pure Hot Yoga Beginners:
Move back and forth between down dog and plank without moving your hands or feet. The distance between your hands and feet should be the same in both poses.
Pay close attention to the position of your hips. Do not stick your butt in the air or let it sag towards the floor.
Pure Hot Yoga Advanced:
Hold the pose for five breaths. For an extra challenge, try lifting one foot off the floor at a time.