Pure Hot Yoga Pose Benefits:
Stretches the thighs and groins.
Pure Hot Yoga Step by Step:
1) Begin in hero pose – virasana.
2) Bring the hands down to either side of your hips. Begin to walk the hands back toward your butt as you lean your torso back.
3) Come down onto your forearms. If you are sitting on a tall support, like a block, this is as far as you should go. If you are sitting on a folded blanket, make sure you have blankets of the same height in place to support your spine as you come down.
4) If you feel comfortable on the forearms, you can try continuing down until your back rests on the floor.
5) If you feel pain in the knees or low back, come out since these are not the areas that this pose is intended to stretch.
6) Make sure that the knees stay close together.
7) Stay five breaths.
8) To come out, raise yourself onto your forearms first. Then press into the hands to bring yourself all the way up.
Pure Hot Yoga Beginners:
The seated version of virasana is intense enough for many beginners. Stay here or proceed carefully to avoid injury to the knees or low back.
Pure Hot Yoga Advanced:
You can intensify the pose by extending your arms on the floor above your head. You may also want to work up to longer hold times.