Pure Hot Yoga Pose Benefits:
Strengthens legs, improves balance.
Pure Hot Yoga Step by Step:
1) Come to stand in tadasana.
2) Feel your weight equally on all four corners of both feet.
3) Begin to shift the weight over to the right foot, lifting the left foot off the floor.
4) Bend the left knee, bringing the sole of the left foot high onto the inner right thigh.
5) Press the foot into the thigh and the thigh back into the foot.
6) Try not to let the right hip jut out. Keep both hips squared towards the front.
7) Focus on something that doesn’t move to help you keep your balance.
8) Repeat the move while standing on the left foot.
Pure Hot Yoga Beginners:
If you cannot bring the left foot high inside the right thigh, bring it lower on the right leg — but be careful to avoid placing the left foot directly on the right knee.
Use the wall for balance if necessary.
Pure Hot Yoga Advanced:
Bring the arms up towards the ceiling with the palms touching. Open the arms out to side.
Try closing the eyes and see if you can stay balanced.
Bring your lifted leg into a half-lotus position. (Click the photo above to see this variation.)